Monday, April 7, 2008

3/11/08

Hey Everyone-

Things are going well here! BUSY!!!!!! SO BUSY!!!!!!! But it’s going well! We are working hard and enjoying the work! This past week was good! We had some meetings on Thursday because they had Zone leaders conference on Wednesday so all the district leaders had to go and since Motua is DL, I got to go too! It was good, LONG!! 3 1/2 hours but good! Then we had District meetings on Friday, I had to give an eight minute talk, and the ZL were at it and so were the AP's, so it was good! Then Friday I went up to Yukon on exchanges with Elder Starnes, he is the ZL. It was good, he is kind of weird and bugs me sometimes but it’s part of a mission. We are all out here to serve Lord and to figure it out together!

We are working with Roy still. We went over to his house last night and talked a lot about baptism. He wants to but is not sure of a date yet so we will hopefully set one this week!

Sunday was good, long, but good! We are working with a part member family trying to get the kids to come to church but it’s not working, so we don’t know what to do!

The church is true, its amazing to see how it changes peoples lives and how so many people have no idea how much peace and joy it will bring to their lives!

We are working our hardest to serve! The main thing for us we talked about is that at the end of the day, when we come home, we want to feel that we have handed our days over to the Lord, say we did our best and that we gave it our all, no matter what! It is a great feeling knowing that I am giving it my all. It does not matter if we teach 5 lessons or 1, just as long as we are working our hardest!
The mission is HARD!! NO DOUBT about it! It’s hard, but I can tell I have changed and I can recognize that the Lord is helping others find joy too! The Lord is blessing us and helping us find and teach. We are doing are best!

I am up to 220. I put on 10 lbs but I have been working out A LOT. I have been riding my bike and walking, so I think it is 10 good lbs! I think this is the best shape I have been in since high school, kinda tight! I am getting pretty cut and Jimmy is GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES!! Finally! haha!

But all is well here! I miss you guys tons but I know the Lord will bless me and my family for serving him! I am so grateful for the Church! IT’S True!! IT’S the only TRUE church on the earth! It’s funny out here because everyone always says, " Yes, I have been baptized." And we say, “NO, YOU HAVE NOT!!” And some people get mad and some people listen. We explain that they do not have the authority of God to do it! You have to be bold and just tell it how it is! And my personality is like that, so it’s good! I am starting to love this mission!

Elder Motua and I are having fun! I am so lucky to have him as my companion! He goes home in three months! Britt, he is excited to meet you and says you better come to his homecoming!!
But for real, we work great together and we are having fun serving!

I love you all!! Do what is right and the Lord will bless you!

Britt - I love you to death! You are such a sweetheart!

Ash - You are amazing! I am glad you had a good week with rich!

Whit - Sounds like you are keeping busy with the boys and Paul!

Dad - Hope all is well, sounds like you are doing well and are happy!

Love you and miss you guys!

Elder Taylor Burnett

No comments: