Monday, April 7, 2008

2/26/08: Hey!

Hey Family and Loved ones -

How is everyone? Hope all is well and that everyone is doing okay!
Well things are going well here! Last week was really hard and slow! We didn’t teach much and just had a hard week! Thursday was TERRIBLE!! So bad, it was 25 F out, wind blowing HARD, and we were out in it all day from 10:30-9!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND We didn’t teach a single person, we walked all the way down from 72nd to 12th!!! But it was good, you just gotta laugh at it and have fun because if not it will be the worst day of you life, and it was but who knows something good will come of it! It’s all about your faith!!! We have four people who are going to get baptized here with in the next couple weeks! IT’S SO COOL!!!! Its amazing to see the gospel and how it can change peoples lives! Two of the people are Jim Curtis, he is 72, and Mrs. Curtis, she is 60! THEY ARE SO FUNNY! We found them when we were knocking doors! They love the church! She loves us, she is so happy every time we come over, so happy! She told us yesterday that she has never been this happy in her life and wants to get baptized! SO COOL!!! She was asking us about our families and if we had girlfriends and I told her about Britt and showed her a picture of Brittany on my camera. Oh, she just went on and on for about five minutes, how pretty she was and all this! It was funny. I said, “Yup, that is my Brittany. She is my everything.” It was so cute! She is kinda like mom, just really nice, talks to everyone, her best friend work at CVS. So things are going well! It is starting to warm up, well, today it’s 30 but tomorrow it is supposed to be 65, I think! It’s crazy!!!!!

I am hoping we will have a good week this week! We should, we got a lot of people to teach, so I hope we do! Nothing really exciting is going on other then just working and trying to give myself to the Lord and let him make me into the missionary he wants me to be!
We got this cool thing set up where we are going to the high school and we teach kids on Wednesday from 1030-1! Which is really cool. We are way excited about that and hope some good things will come out of it!

I went to Lauren Nutttals little sister’s baptism on Saturday, it was really cool! I am glad we got to go! It was good to see Lauren and Taylor and meet the family! They are a really cool family! They have a really pretty home! So that was cool and fun!

My knee is getting better, still sore but not as bad, I have been wearing a brace and been doing stuff to get it better, we haven’t been biking as much because of the rain and then because my knee hurts to bad so its kinda had some time to heal and get better!

I know the church is true! It is so amazing having the spirit with me! I am so glad that I am out here to serve my Father in Heaven and my Savior! The Ensign for March IS AMAZING!!! We got it a week ago, and it is AMAZING!! I have all ready read the whole thing so EVERYONE READ IT, OKAY!?!? I am so thankful for the love and support that I have to be out here! I am so thankful for Brittany, that she supports me and has been by my side and loves me for me! She is such a blessing in my life and I cant wait to marry her! D&C- 103:12, that is it! Brittany is my blessing and I would not know where I would be without her! I love you Brittany!

Ash - Oh my love, Ash!!! Hope all is well! Didn’t get an email from you but guess you are busy! It’s all good! I love you do what’s right! I love you, I love you, I love you!

Whit - I got your card, thanks for that, (kinda gay with a whale) haha, but thanks! Tell Paul hi and I love him! Tell Tru and Luke I love them and that they are the coolest nephews ever!

I love the church! I love my Savior! I am so thankful for the power of prayer and the comfort that is brings to me!
I love you guys!

Elder Burnett

PS. JT - I hope you got my letter and that you are doing well! I am so excited that you are trying to go back out on a mission! The Lord needs your help, Justin! We need to bring people the truth and let them know of the joy it brings to our lives!! I LOVE YOU MAN!! I am so proud of you!

Dan - What up man?! Hope all is well! I hope you got my letter too, you are so tight man! I miss you! The church is true! I am so thankful for you and Justin for being my friends and helping me come on a mission! I love you Dan!!

No comments: