Monday, April 7, 2008

3/4/08: What’s up!

Hey Everyone!!

How are ya’ll doing? Hope all is well!!! Things are going well here! I am glad it’s p-day! I am so tired and my body needs a break! This past week went well!! We taught six lessons on Thursday, so that was way cool! We were very excited about that! We had four baptisms but they have not been coming to church so that kinda stinks!!! So we have to move two of them back! We had two who were committed, and they didn’t come to church on Sunday. They promised that they were going to but NO! So we went over to their house on Sunday and this guy answers, and says, "Yes, I am a preacher from so and so Baptist church and I wanted to let you know the Curtis became members of our church and they will not be attending yours!" OH I WAS SO MAD!!!! OH, I wanted to knock the guy in the face!!!!! So THAT STINKS!!! NO GOOD!!! BUT IT’S OKAY!! We did out best and it’s not their time to join so we did all we could! They were the coolest older couple, but it’s all good!!!!

On Sunday night a tornado hit!!! CRAZY!! The alarms went off and all this stuff!!! I WAS FREAKING OUT, HAHA! But it hit on the other side of town but the RAIN WAS SO, SO, SO, SO, SO BAD!! The hardest I have ever seen it rain was the other night, CRAZY!!! It was so cold yesterday but today it’s 50 so that is nice!

We got this new Investigators!! SO FREAKING AWESOME!!! His name is Roy!!!!!!! He use to work at Four Seasons in Los Colinas. His best friend is Byron Nelson!! The PGA golfer!! He has so much stuff signed by him; he said he is going to give us some!!! TIGHT HUH!!!! YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He came to church on Sunday and REALLY LIKED IT!! He is 70 and was married for 27 years and his wife divorced him 2 years ago and has been going through a really, REALLY HARD TIME!! But he said that on Sunday after church is the happiest he has been in two years and he is so happy that we are helping him!!!! SO we are hoping things will keep going well with him! WE LOVE HIM!!! He is so tight!
So things are going well!

Yesterday, I was sick and had a fever of 102 and felt LIKE POO!!!!!!!! But it’s all good! I feel a little better today and everything is GREAT!!!!
SO we are just doing all we can! We have dinner every night this week, the ward is really starting to like us and can tell we are working hard so they are always calling us and trying to help out! It’s great! Last night they, the Sphinx, brought us Steak!! SO GOOD!!!!!! The ward is pretty tight!

We were over at out ward mission leader’s house for dinner the other night and he goes, hey Burnett, what you want to drink? I go GIVE ME A BUDLIGHT!!!!! And him and his wife just stopped and looked at me!! SO FUNNY and AWKARD!!!! Then I said just kidding!! BUT IT WAS FUNNY!! Then Elder Motua, goes man, that joke was awesome Burnett! HAHA! But it was good! Pretty funny though!!!!!
I miss you all but I know the Lord is going to bless me for my work! I am glad for the calling to serve and the love that I feel from you guys!! THANKS FOR ALL THE LOVE!!

Whit -Love you! I am so SO, SO, sorry about missing Luke’s b-day! I wish you would of told me! Kinda makes me bad but I am going to try to get him something in the mail!

Ash - I FREAKING MISS YOU SO MUCH!! You are so TIGHT! I love you! Everyone out here thinks you are so tight!! They all know Ashley!! haha!

Britt - My baby! Oh, I love you! You are the most amazing thing ever! Thanks for your love and support! We can do this! xoxo

Paul-Love ya man!

JT-LOVE YA!

DAN-LOVE YA

JP-Love ya!

Sukhan-LOVE YA!

I LOVE EVERYONE!!!!!!! I wish ya’ll could see me out here!
My knee is getting better, today it’s kinda bugging but the stuff I have been doing has been making it stronger, so it’s all good!

THE CHURCH IS TRUE!! I know it is! EVERYONE READ AND PRAY EVERYDAY!!! DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love ya’ll.

Elder Taylor Burnett!

No comments: