Monday, April 7, 2008

3/18/08

WHATS UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well it’s p-day!!!! It’s been raining for the past 2 days, it stopped for a little while yesterday! But been raining all night and still is!
Things are going well, we had a good week, kinda crazy. just a lot of stuff to do! We had a good week though! We got 5 new investigators to teach so we are excited about that and being able to teach new people! This week is going to be crazy! We taught 16 lessons last week which is good! But this week we set our goals to teach 25!!!!!!!!!! CRAZY! It has never been done in our area for like 3 years. We were looking through the book but its all good! So we are way excited and going to get it! We will teach 25, I Promise you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We had interviews with Pres. Gee yesterday. It was okay but didn’t really want to go the way I wanted but its all good! I just have to humble myself and be molded the missionary the Lord wants me to be! The whole mission is switching to cell phones which is cool! It will be nice because now for real we can spend all day out and not have to come back to the APTs to see who called and for out meetings and stuff so it will be nice!

At church Sunday we got to teach Primary! It was so much fun!!!! The little kids our so cute! So now they all love us! It so cute! We got to teach them about the BofM and J.S. so we had a lot of fun doing that!

I am trying to think what else is going on, nothing really I mean stuff is good but it just pretty much all the same! Oh I got to give 4 blessing this week! So Elder Motua and me have a thing. Here we switch off every other blessing! But I have had to do the last 4!! Haha. Because we always ask so who would you like and we switch asking because usually they say ask you just do it (to whoever ask) So we have been asking and I have gotten asked to the past 4 times! It’s good though! It’s amazing to see the priesthood and the power that it holds!

Things are going well with Roy! He loves us! He came to church again so he has come 3 weeks in a row and really likes it! He is not sure about the date about getting baptized but we are working with him! Also we meet a family and they are doing really well!

Sunday we had to pull a double dinner! Because we had one at 4 and then at 6! Because a member had us over at 4, and then an investigator had us over at 6!!! And they always try to feed us as much as we can! But Seriously I thought I was going to puke everywhere! They we had a 3mile walk home and I seriously almost went poor in my pants!!!!!!! ITS NOT FUNNY, SO WHOEVER IS LAUGHING IT SUCKED!! (Britt I was doing my run haha) But I was running home for the last like 1/2 mile! IT WAS A CLOSE ONE!! BUT I made it hahahah! Joys of a mission! You just gotta laugh and love it! So yea it’s good!

I have read all the way through the BofM and D&C and started the New Testament and the PofGP! So its all good! I am so excited for Easter!! It is an amazing time of year! Did you know the Ensign took 2 years to put together for this Easter! Crazy I was reading about it in the Church news! Its crazy but so good! One of the best ones I have read! I Know the church is true! I know that it’s the only thing that can bring people real happiness!! It’s amazing to see how it changes people’s lives! I am so thankful for my Savior, and all the things that he has done for me so I can return to my Father In Heaven! I have a very strong testimony about the power of prayer! It’s so comforting to get answers to prayers! The Lord really is watching over me and is helping me! I know mom is to! I miss her so dang much! It breaks my heart, really it does, to know that my kids will never know her and that they will never know my Mother! I am so thankful for all I have been given! I am a very blessed and lucky kid! I have been given way too much! I am grateful for my family and all they have done for me and helped me along the way! For my dad, always helping me and letting me choose for myself what I wanted to do, and let me fall, but was always their to pick me up! I am so thankful for my sisters and all they have done for me! I am thankful for my nephews, and I love them so much and so glad that I can be an example for them. I am thankful for my friends, all along the way, who stuck by my side and loved me and helped me! I am so thankful for Brittany and the love that she gives me! For helping me through the hardest time in my entire life, she was there to help me and love me! I know that my Savior put her in my life for a reason and that is because I would be so lost without her and would not be out here today serving if it were not For "My Brittany!" I love you sweetheart! Justin Thompson! I love you more than anything man! I pray for you everyday! You were always by my side and never gave up on me! You are amazing man! I love you man!!!!!!!!! I love you all! The church is true! Do what is right and the Lord will bless you! I miss you all, but I know this is where I need to be and the Lord needs me to help my brothers and sisters!
You are all in my prayers.

xoxo,
Elder Burnett

No comments: